What criteria do applicants have to meet to be eligible?
Each support application will be assessed on eligibility.
Eligibility is based on formal criteria:
- The applicant is a company, a non-profit organisation or a public organisation with operational and economic activities in the Flemish Region.
- The statements of the business and the research partners have been signed correctly.
- The requested information has been submitted (project budget, project description).
- The application rules have been honoured:
- The applicant has the financial means to bear the costs that VLAIO will not cover. This must be substantiated by a calculation of the net working capital in the project description.
- The applicant(s) is (are) no ‘undertaking in difficulty’ at the moment of the submission.
- The application is limited to 10 pages (+2 pages per extra business partner).
- The duration of the study is between 3 and 12 months.
- The application has been submitted in either Dutch or English.
- Each applicant has received no more than 8 million euro support during the current calendar year (or 12 million euro, in case a project is in cooperation with SMEs or in case of a European cooperation project).
- Companies/ organisations can only apply for a feasibility study subsidy once a year.
- The applicants can request a maximum of €50,000 support per partner and a maximum of €500,000 support in total.