Which enterprises and ecological investments are eligible for the Strategic Ecology Support?
Who is eligible?
A company must comply with the following conditions:
- the company realises its investments in the Flemish Region;
- the company carries out an acceptable main activity (NACE code);
- the company entered into the energy policy agreement applicable to it on the submission date of the support application (www.benchmarking.be/en/default.asp);
- the company demonstrates the stimulating effect of the ecology premium on the planned investments;
- on the submission date of the support application, the company has no debts in arrears with the National Social Security Office (‘Rijksdienst voor Sociale Zekerheid’, RSZ) and is not a party to a court case based on European or national law as part of which financial support that has been awarded is being reclaimed;
- the company must conduct a feasibility study to demonstrate the technical and economic feasibility of the planned ecological investments.
Which ecological investments are eligible?
Strategic ecological investments with a minimum acceptable investment amount of 3 million euro.
The Flemish Institute for Technological Research (‘Vlaams Instituut voor Technologisch Onderzoek’, VITO) will test the ecological investments based on the basic conditions of the European Environmental Framework Directive (‘Europese milieukaderregeling’) and will focus on:
- the exceeding of existing European standards (insofar as no stricter Flemish standards are applicable). For the purchase of new vehicles, only the European standards that have taken effect will be exceeded;
- the realisation of environmental objectives for which no European standards apply