Which enterprises and expenses are eligible for the Strategic Transformation Support?
Who is eligible?
Both individual enterprises and cooperating enterprises can submit an application.
With regard to individual enterprises:
- both SMEs and large enterprises located anywhere in the Flemish Region qualify for educational support;
- for investment support:
- SMEs located throughout the Flemish Region qualify
- large enterprises only qualify if they are headquartered in the regional support zones. These zones are (subject to change):
- for Antwerp: Balen, Dessel, Mol;
- for Limburg: As, Beringen, Bilzen, Borgloon, Bree, Dilsen-Stokkem, Genk, Ham, Hechtel-Eksel, Heusden-Zolder, Houthalen-Helchteren, Herstappe, Kinrooi, Lanaken, Leopoldsburg, Lommel, Lummen, Maaseik, Maasmechelen, Opglabbeek, Sint-Truiden, Tessenderlo, Tongeren, Zutendaal;
- for East Flanders: Assenede, Eeklo, Kaprijke, Maldegem, Ronse, Sint-Laureins, Zelzate;
- for West Flanders: Diksmuide, Lo-Reninge, Ypres, Middelkerke, Oostende, Wervik.
With regard to cooperating enterprises:
- the cooperation must consist of at least three enterprises that are not partner or associated enterprises. These enterprises must not be part of the same business group.
Only enterprises that carry out an acceptable principal activity can apply for support (a list of NACE codes can be obtained from Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship).
Which expenses are eligible?
Expenses related to high-risk projects in the context of a planned transformation scheme qualify. Over a period of three years, the qualifying educational costs and the qualifying investment amounts must at least be equal to the entry thresholds.
|Project submitted by||Minimal educational costs over a period of three years||Minimal investment sum over a period of three years|
|an individual small enterprise (SE)||€100,000||€1,000,000|
|an individual medium-sized enterprise (ME)||€200,000||€2,000,000|
|an individual large enterprise (LE)||€300,000||€3,000,000|
|cooperating enterprises, all SEs||€300,000* **||€3,000,000 * ***|
|ooperating enterprises, including at least one ME||€400,000* **||€4,000,000* ***|
|cooperating enterprises, including at least one LE||€700,000* **||€7,000,000* ***|
* minimum amoutn per project
** minimum €50,000 per applicant
*** minimum €500,000 per applicant
Only the investments and education that are essential for the implementation of the transformation project qualify. The applicant must also demonstrate that the support applied for is essential and has a boosting effect.
The following educational costs may be considered:
|Education categories||Qualifying educational costs|
|1||personnel costs of the trainers|
|2||transportation expenses of trainers and trainees|
|3||other ongoing expenses for material and required materials|
|4||depreciations of machinery and equipment|
|5||costs of services for training and consultancy|
|6||trainees’ personnel costs*|
* up to the amount of the total of the aforementioned costs.
The following investments may be considered:
|Financial statement heading||Qualifying investments|
|21||intangible fixed assets|
|22||buildings (land is excluded)|
|23||installations, machines and equipment|
|24||furniture and rolling stock|
|25||leasing and similar rights|
|26||other tangible fixed assets|
|27||assets under construction and advance payment|