Which enterprises and ecological investments are eligible for the Ecology Premium Plus?
Who is eligible?
A company must comply with the following conditions:
- the company realises its investments in the Flemish Region;
- the company carries out an acceptable main activity (NACE code) and is not a non-profit organisation;
- the company entered into the energy policy agreement applicable to it on the submission date of the support application;
- on the submission date, the company cannot be in difficulty according to the European rules, has no debts in arrears with the National Social Security Office (‘Rijksdienst voor Sociale Zekerheid’, RSZ) and is not a party to a court case based on European or national law as part of which financial support that has been awarded is being reclaimed.
The investments can be carried out by a patrimony company that belongs to the same group as the enterprise applying for aid.
This applies to the following cases:
- the patrimony company participates for at least 25% in the enterprise applying for aid;
- the enterprise applying for aid participates for at least 25% in the patrimony company;
- a natural or legal person participates for at least 25% in both companies.
Which ecological investments are eligible?
The Ecology Premium Plus is only granted to technologies that are on the limitative technology list (LTL). This list contains about 30 technologies.
There is a version of the LTL that is subdivided into the following three categories:
- environmental technologies;
- energy technologies;
- renewable energy and combined heat and power.
Ecological investments that are eligible for aid through green certificates and cogeneration certificates are not eligible for an ecological premium.