What is this?
ERA-NET WATERWORKS originated from the Water Joint Programming Initiative (JPI) and Food Security and Climate Change JPI (FACCE). JPIs are intergovernmental initiatives that want to strengthen European competitiveness in the area of research, development and innovation. The aim is to mobilize national and regional research resources in function of common goals in the field of sustainable water use.
The ERANET provides a collaboration between funding agencies to jointly organize a Co-Fund call, with the European Commission providing a top-up to approve more projects.
What is its status?
VLAIO participated in the WATERWORKS 2016 call (Waterworks 2015: 2016-2020) with the following themes:
- Theme 1: Increasing the efficiency of water use and resistance with regard to climate change
- Theme 2: Monitoring and reduction of soil and water pollution
- Theme 3: Integrating social and economic dimensions into sustainable management of water resources
- Two projects with Flemish participation are supported (Potential and Forward).
What programmes are committed?
- Agricultural (LA) processes
- R&D company projects
Do you have any specific questions about WATERWORKS? Contact email@example.com, T +32 2 432 42 82