The ERA-net Co-fund SUSFOOD2 (Sustainable Food production and consumption) started in 2017 and is the continuation of the ERA-net SUSFOOD (2011 – 2014), which was developed under the EU 7th Framework Programme (FP7).
The strategic goal of SUSFOOD2 complements the EU bio-economy and food policies, and aims to reinforce cooperation in research, development and innovation between EU members and associated States in order to maximise the contribution of research to the development of more sustainable food systems from production to consumption.
The scope of SUSFOOD covers the entire food supply chain with the main focus on food chain sustainability beyond the farm gate. SUSFOOD2 promotes a cross-sectoral and multi-disciplinary approach from biology to food engineering and social sciences. It addresses the following socio-economic and environmental goals:
- To develop sustainable food systems from production to consumption, to increase food production sustainably while reducing waste in food supply chain and limiting environmental impacts;
- To improve the quality of life by improving food quality in a sustainable way and to ensure the resilience of the food supply chain;
- To encourage sustainable consumer behaviour and food choices;
- To improve competitiveness and economic growth in the European food industry with special attention to SMEs.
Composition of the consortium
- Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen (VLAIO), Flanders
- Instituut voor Landbouw en Visserij Onderzoek (ILVO), Flanders
- Flanders'FOOD, Flanders
- Bundesministerium für Ernährung , Landwirtschaf und Verbraucherschutz (BMELV), Germany
- Ministerie van Landbouw, Natuur en Voedselkwaliteit (MIN LNV), The Netherlands
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO), The Netherlands
- Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI), Romania
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MMM), Finland
- Luonnonvarakeskus (LUKE), Finland
- Le Réseau français des Instituts techniques de l’agro-alimentaire (ACTIA), France
- Agence Nationale de Recherche (ANR), France
- Ministero delle Politiche Agricole Alimentari e Forestali (MIPAAF) en MIUR, Italy
- CDTI and ADE, Spain
- Norges Forskningsrad (RCN), Norway
- Maaeluministeerium (MEM), Estonia
- Department of Agriculture, Food and The Marine (DAFM) , Ireland
- Lietuvos Respublikos Zemes Ukio Ministerija (MOALIT), Lithuania
- Forskningsrådet för Miljö, Areella Näringar och Samhällsbyggande (FORMAS), Sweden
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), UK
- Tarimsal Arastirmalar Ve Politikalar Genel Müdürlügü (GDAR), Turkey
- Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH, Germany (Coördinator)
VLAIO programme for participation
Flanders Innovation and Entrepreneurship participates in SUSFOOD2 in the programme for research projects.
Flemish companies (small, medium or large companies) that actively want to participate in a consortium of international research institutes and companies for the execution of a challenging R&D project can submit a project proposal to Flanders Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Flemish research institutes can participate as a scientific project partner or as a sub-contractor of the company applying.
Documents voor application
- For the submission of your application to VLAIO you must follow the application procedures and documents of the chosen program: Research projects (Overview application forms research project) or Development projects (Overview application forms development project). Don't forget to check that your project fits within an international project application!
For more information about SUSFOOD2 and the upcoming call, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, T +32 2 432 42 09