FACCE Surplus (EN)
FACCE SURPLUS (2015 – 2020) is an ERA-NET Co-fund, formed in collaboration between the European Commission and a partnership of European countries in the framework of the Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI).
FACCE SURPLUS (Sustainable and Resilient agriculture for food and non-food systems) is committed to improving collaboration across the European Research Area in the range of diverse, but integrated, food and non-food biomass production and transformation systems, including biorefining
The overall objectives of FACCE SURPLUS are:
- To improve collaboration and cooperation across the European Research Area in the fields of diverse, but integrated, food and non-food biomass production and transformation systems, including biorefining.
- To link up and create a network of research platforms, enterprises and clusters of enterprises (as associations of family farms, SMEs etc.) and facilities/research infrastructures across Europe working on the sustainable intensification of agriculture as well as focusing on innovation for increased, resilient and sustainable biomass production and product transformation processes for added value creation.
- To support innovation and value creation from biomass and biorefineries in synergy with the environmentally sustainable intensification of agricultural and other biomass production, taking into account the required economic, environmental and social conditions.
- Supporting the environmental innovation and value creation from biomass and biorefineries in synergy with environmentally sustainable intensification of agricultural production and
- Overcoming fragmentation & duplication, closing gaps at national level and generating maximal synergies for all funders and research providers in Europe in the field.
- To fund and organise joint calls between funding bodies from Member States and the European Commission.
Composition of the consortium
- Agentschap Innoveren & Ondernemen (Flanders),
- FWO (Flanders),
- FNRS (Wallonia),
- Research Promotion Foundation (Cyprus),
- InnovationsFonden (Denmark),
- Pollumajandusminstererium (Estonia),
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (Finland),
- INRA (France),
- ANR (France),
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (Germany),
- Bundesministerium für Ernahrung und Landwirtschaft (Germany),
- Minstero delle Politiche Agricole, Alimentari e Forestali (Italy),
- RCN (Norway),
- NCBR (Poland),
- UEFISCDI (Romania),
- INIAS (Spain),
- NWO (The Netherlands),
- The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (United Kingdom).
- Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH (Germany)
VLAIO programme for participation
Flanders Innovation and Entrepreneurship participates in SUSFOOD2 with the programme for research projects and with the agricultural programme.
Flemish companies (small, medium or large companies; company programme for research projects) and Flemish research institutes (agricultural program) that actively want to participate in a consortium of international research institutes and companies for the execution of a challenging R&D project can submit a project proposal to Flanders Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Documents for application
The document templates are available at:
- For the submission of your application to VLAIO within the Agricultural Research projects (LA-TR): Annex to ERANET Cofund FACCE SURPLUS project proposals within LA-TR
- For the submission of your application to VLAIO you must follow the application procedures and documents of the chosen program: Research projects (Overview application forms research project) or Development projects (Overview application forms development project). Don't forget to check that your project fits within an international project application!
For more information about FACCE Surplus and the upcoming call, please contact email@example.com, T +32 2 432 42 09